Oct 16, 2011

My Shopping Trip: $151.36 worth of products for... FREE?!?! Check it out!

I was pretty excited for today's trip! I am planning a BBQ and I was really happy to see the chips and foil on sale. Before I left my husband said for me to "be careful"  (not to spend too much lol) which made me pretty anxious because we all know that sometimes things just don't turn out as you planned. I stayed up pretty late going over the list I had made, calculating, re-calculating, going over every number.. and with my fingers crossed I left the house! This is what I did today!
                                                                                                               

I went to CVS and Walgreens. Do keep in mind that I had $8.50 in RR from last week and about $15 ecb's. (Those are Walgreens and CVS "money") Here is a breakdown of what I received at each store:

CVS:
6 Wisk Laundry detergents 32 loads
4 Almway eye shadow pallets
1 Lysol no touch (this is sooooo cool!)
$10 American Express Gift Card
Total: $66
Total OOP (out-of-pocket) After coupons and Ecb's:  $12.25 then received $10 American Express card, bringing my total to only $2.25. I also received  $32 worth of ecb's (CVS money) to use next week!!! So, technically everything was FREE.. because you paid $2.25 but received $32!!!!

WALGREENS:

7 Kettle Potato Chips
8 packs of gum
3 Covergirl face sponges
1 Covergirl shadow
4 Reach Toothbrushes
4 Walgreens pads (girl stuff!)
1 Bengay patch
2 Teraflu capsules
2 Dove deodorant
2 Walgreens Foil
12 Halloween pencils (I tried to get the cups but they were out.. sad.. )
Total: $85.36
Total OOP  after coupons and RR: $2.47 and I still have $5 worth in RR for next week. So, I paid $2.47  out of pocket and received $5 to use next week.. so technically I made $2.53! FREEEE!

Even if you want to really see what I spend out of my bank account today, you just sum the OOP expenses: $12.25 + $2.47 = $14.72 but don't forget the $10 American Express card that is the same thing as cash! So, really, you only spent: $4.72!!!

Someone always finds the goodies mom brings home on Sundays!

1 comment: